Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Meet Elesha



How cute is she? Elesha is my theme soulmate.  We’re both big theater geeks and we love any reason to wear a costume or theme ourselves.  This year, she has decided it is “The Year of the Bohemian” and is dressing accordingly.  Her maxi skirt is from Rue 21 and she found it on clearance for $3!  That is some diva shopping, right there, my friend.  The top is from American Eagle from a few years ago and her shoes are from Rack Room where she scored them on a huge deal--$6!  Sadly, they’re cut off in the picture but they were HOT.  Promise.  We love scoring good deals and you’ll find that most of the paper dolls are all for buying thrifty.  It means more clothes to play with.

Elesha sums up her style like this: "My style has always had a little bohemian flare, so this year I'm embracing my inner hippie-chic full on!  I'm obsessed with feathers, flowy skirts, floppy hats, orange, and braids!"


By the way, the definition of "bohemian" according to the dictionary is:
A person with artistic or literary interests who disregards conventional standards of behavior.
(or an inhabitant of the Czech Republic but I like the first definition better.)

I like the disregard for "conventional standards of behavior" part.  As the great Dr. Seuss said, "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"  (It's the good doctor's b-day, did you seriously think I wouldn't include a quote of his??)  So enjoy getting dressed and throw something unconventional in the wardrobe this weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment